Saturday, August 1, 2009

Swimming Lessons & Overcoming Fears

Eli started swimming lessons on July 14th, and I think having the private lessons made all the difference. His teacher, Jen, was fabulous with him, and she went at his pace...verrrry slow. :)

The first day I have to admit I was skeptical, but with each lesson he got a bit more brave, and he tried more and more, and by the end he was actually swimming. He has come so far. Just a few months ago he cried in the bath when we would have to rinse his hair and face in the bath. And now he love swimming under water and diving down to pick up his diving sticks. I love taking him to the pool, and letting him just be so proud of himself. He KNOWS he has overcome a huge fear, and he is so proud of his accomplishment. It's truly unbelievable; I never thought I would see the day.

Here is a picture of him swimming under water...


We have our moments when I'm not sure we are really moving forward...but then we have these moments and I realize we are making huge leaps.

No comments: