Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Homecoming!!!

Eli was discharged from Meridell on May 15, 2009. We had one last appointment with his therapist, went over notes and some helpful things to help with the transition home, then went to his classroom to pick him up. I had held it in, but when we walked into his classroom and his teacher called for him to tell him it was time to go, I just burst into tears. It was so emotional. His classmates were hugging him telling him goodbye, and his teachers were saying how much they enjoyed him and that they didn't want to let him go. He has come so far...

We now have a brand new beginning, and now we can start anew...not only with him and all of the positive changes, but in a new home, new environment, new start all together. Here are a few pictures I took that afternoon...

Eli with his therapist Micki...she has been an absolutel Godsend, and we have come to cherish her...


Eli with his "Pathway Home" chart. He has been working hard trying to earn greens to put on his chart. Each green got him one step closer to his goal of coming home to be with us!!!!


This picture was so symbolic for me. When I brought Eli to Meridell on February 3rd, it was winter. All the trees were bare, and they were dead and lifeless. That was so much like my heart during that time. But as we were leaving everything was blooming and beautiful, and full of promise and life. I know there will be hard times, and perhaps he will have to even go back there someday for a meds update...but we will be okay. We are going to be okay.

This isn't the end of this blog...I'm sure as much as this has felt like an entire lifetime to us, it is just the beginning...

2 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

So glad he is home! I look forward to hearing more about their transition plan for him into "regular" school, well, if you don't mind sharing :)

Stacey Cannon said...

That's coming! I don't mind...that's what I keep the blog for ;)

Thank you so much for keeping up with us!